Careers at The Meadows
We are looking for an experienced Clinical Lead nurse to work 23 hours weekly. Our main priority for this job role is to find a caring, passionate and committed Registered Nurse to share the Clinical Lead responsibilities. We need someone who is able to demonstrate excellent clinical skills and a passion for caring for Older Adults. Previous experience of working in a Care Home or related setting is essential. Excellent communication skills – both verbally and in writing, are key qualities, as is the ability to lead and work as part of a team. Applicants must be qualified nurses with a valid UK PIN.
Above all, we want someone who shares in our values:
- Commitment to quality and being the best we can
- Treating the people we support with compassion and respect
- Working as a team and looking out for each other
- Keeping our promises and being dependable
Your duties will be varied, and no two days will be the same. Our residents are individuals and they all deserve to be treated as such; however, as a general guide, you will be responsible for ensuring that:
- All aspects of care afforded to each Resident is of the highest quality and is person centred reflecting their individual needs and preferences
- Care Plans are written with a person centred focus and are reflective of all aspects of their care
- The Group’s excellent reputation for high quality care is maintained and promoted in the local community
- The NMC Code of Conduct is adhered to at all times
- Have clinical responsibility and take clinical lead for all nursing aspects of the Home, in keeping with the style and service as laid down by the senior management.
- Provision of clinical leadership, quality assurance and advice to the Registered Manager (who has continuing responsibility for the safe delivery of care)
- Take a lead role in the care for residents assessed with nursing needs, and with reference to the NICE guidelines, liaise and agree with the Registered Manager on nursing matters
- Work in partnership with the Registered Manager to ensure that communication in all aspects of the residents care, staffing issues and day to day operations of the homes are effectively managed
- Carry out pre-admission assessment for complex nursing enquiries in the absence/or at her request of Nurse Quality Manager.
- Ensure that Care Plans are thoroughly prepared, in consultation with each Resident or Relative and all other persons with a relevant input e.g. GP, Care Manager, in order to meet the Resident’s individual needs.
This is a part time role of 23 hours per week, including weekends and bank holidays.
Interested? Please apply online or call us for more details!
Salary: £18.00 /hour
We are looking for flexible and committed people who can contribute to our already exceptional team. As a Mobile Care Assistant, you will support the Care teams in the five Milford Care homes across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire by helping cover staff absences, holidays etc. If you are hardworking, a team player and can deliver award-winning care, then we want to hear from you.
You must be a compassionate and caring person with a passion for caring for older adults. You must be reliable and dependable, and committed to making a difference to other people’s lives. Your lifestyle must allow for a good level of flexibility as you may be called to work at any of the Milford Care homes in Milford, Alfreton, Belper, Hucknall or Ashbourne on a short notice. Having your own car and a clean driving license is useful because of the nature of the role.
About the role:
Care Assistants are required to tend to resident’s needs throughout the day and night. This will include working as a team to respond to call bells, assist residents with personal care, repositioning and their nutritional requirements and offering comfort and companionship to residents. As a Mobile Care Assistant, you may be called to work at any of the Milford Care homes in Milford, Alfreton, Belper, Nottingham or Ashbourne. You will be guaranteed a set number of hours monthly (equivalent to a full-time or a part-time role dependent on your wishes), and will have the opportunity to pick up additional work if you wish.
Milford Care group was established in 1985 with the opening of Milford House. Now, over 30 years later Milford Care operate 5 homes across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Our unswerving commitment to quality care has seen Milford Care win a number of high profile regional awards, from Best Care Home-Central England (Yours Magazine) and Best Healthcare Development (LABC) to Best Care Group (Central England). In 2016 Milford Care were finalists in the “Care Employer of the Year Award” category at the Great British Care Awards.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay rate
- Guaranteed monthly hours
- Extensive free training (including Level 2 & 3 NVQ/Diploma’s and other higher level qualifications, the Care Certificate and other specialist training)
- Great opportunities for your personal professional development
- An interesting and varied job role with the opportunity to learn from five different homes
- Paid holidays (28 days pro rata)
- Compensation for travel costs
- Enhanced pay rates for public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Free uniform
- Free parking
Salary: £9.00 per hour + travel costs
*This vacancy is available at all homes*
Please apply via email with an up to date CV
Spencer Grove, Belper – firstname.lastname@example.org
Milford House, Belper – email@example.com
The Meadows, Alfreton – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashbourne Lodge, Ashbourne – email@example.com
Hazelgrove, Hucknall – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply via application form please call in to any of our homes and contact a member of staff.