Derbyshire care group scoop 3 regional awards
A care home group in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire have scooped 3 regional awards for going above and beyond for its residents.
Milford Care, who have 6 care homes across the 2 counties, have been recognised for their hard-work and have become winners at the Great British Care Awards.
The accolades are varied across the group; Rachel Cartledge and Moira Cantrill received the Palliative Award for their role in end of life care at The Meadows care home in Alfreton, and Lemmy Nolan from Ashbourne Lodge in Ashbourne won The Dignity in Care Award for embodying the definition of dignity and person-centred care.
Director of Milford Care, Pierre Falleth, said: “We are thrilled that our staff are being recognised for their tireless efforts over the past year. They have exceeded all expectations and have always put residents and their fellow colleagues first. They’ve been incredible.”
He continued to say: “Due to the pandemic, we have overcome difficult hurdles, however, our staff have supported the changes and have worked immensely hard to ensure our residents are treated with the utmost respect and understanding.”
The group received 16 nominations in total for their contribution to care:
- The Putting People First/Personalisation Award – Sheila Barwick
- The Palliative Care/End of Life Award – Joanne Treece
- The Frontline Leaders Award – Joanne Treece
- The Dementia Carer Award – Betty Hallsworth
- The Dementia Carer Award – Kirsty Swift
- The Dignity in Care Award – Kirsty Swift
- The Care Home Cook/Chef Award – Gill Roberts
- The Social Care Nurse Award – Joy Saint
- The Social Care Covid Hero Award – Jim Watt
- The Dignity in Care Award – Lemmy Nolan
- The Ancillary Worker Award – Karl Coleman
- The Ancillary Worker Award – Julie Granger
- The Palliative Care/End of Life Award – Moira Cantrill
- The Palliative Care/End of Life Award – Rachel Cartledge
- The Care Home Worker Award – Cheryl Traylor
Milford Care Head Office
- The Social Care Covid Hero Award – Kara Gratton
Milford Care has six care homes across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire, two of which are rated ‘Outstanding’ from CQC. Spencer Grove in Belper (Outstanding), Ashbourne Lodge in Ashbourne (Outstanding), Milford House in Duffield (Good), The Meadows in Alfreton (Good) are all based within the Derbyshire area and Hazelgrove in Hucknall (Good), Nottinghamshire and Buddleia House (Outstanding + Good). All the homes boast high social engagement, as well as homely surroundings and an appealing selection of facilities, suitable for every resident. They also specialise in residential care, nursing care, palliative care, dementia care, respite and day care.
For more information about Milford Care and how we can help your loved one, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.